Welcome to the Strange

Follow me as I try to balance literature, love, and life in the real world. Will the realm of the unreal win in the end? It's beginning to seem that way.

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Call him Moron

I had another run in with Moron today at work.  My god, this man pisses me off.  One of my students swore at him today in the halls, because he's an asshole.  Now, of course, I can't let this be all right, because our organization would absolutely fail if we didn't maintain an air of professionalism and respect.  So now I have to deal with the unpleasant task of sitting this kid down and scaring him into not ever doing that again.

What puzzles me about this situation is the fact that this kid is generally a very kind and respectful kid.  His grades are in the mid eighties, and he's never been anything except polite to me.  So what did Moron do to make this kid blow his top?  Moron has been sworn at multiple times by multiple kids in the past.  I have never been sworn at directly by any kid, and I have some pretty "mean and scary" kids in my group.  So obviously it's something that Moron is doing to provoke it, and instead of leading this idiot out of the office in search of another job, he asked me, "How do you think we should handle this situation?" (I was particularly pissed off by the "WE" in this sentence.  Christ, why can't YOU deal with it when it happened, instead of getting me to do the dirty work after the fact?!)

Oh, and to make all of this even more ironically hilarious, the dude's degree is in conflict resolution.  People like this should just stop existing.

No comments:

Post a Comment