Welcome to the Strange

Follow me as I try to balance literature, love, and life in the real world. Will the realm of the unreal win in the end? It's beginning to seem that way.

Monday 14 March 2011

Life is not a novel?

"Life isn’t  a novel!” he told me in frustration.
But what if I want it to be?  The other,  he who was my almost lover,  he who called me at 2:00 in the morning citing Nietzsche as a reason to follow him into the night, he who I ultimately denied in favour of this long term warden I sit with now,  believed that narrative was the most important aspect of life.  He, too, as I have often contemplated, rejected any inherent meaning in life and instead chose to enjoy and celebrate the creation of meaning through hedonism and excitement. 
This is what I long to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment